A Visa is an entry requirement to many countries. Since Uganda is among East African countries, you can apply for East African Visa which will allow you enter Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan however, you can simply apply for only Ugandan visa if you are not planning to enter other East African Nations. Below are some of the things to put into consideration when organizing a Uganda Visa for your filming trip to Uganda
Requirements for a Visa
- All applicants are required to provide actual signed passport, including one copy of the personal information page of your passport. Your passport must be valid for the next six months.
- Have at least one blank visa page (amendments and endorsement pages cannot be used to fulfill this requirement) however, the blank visa page should not be frayed, torn, separating, or altered in any other way.
- Two colored passport size photos are required however, the photos must be taken within the last three months and printed on high-quality photo paper, be taken against an all-white background, be two inches by two inches, Provide the full-frontal view of your head with your face centered in the middle and displaying a neutral expression (non-smiling). When taking photos, do not put on eyeglasses nor head wear except for religious purposes,
Visa Application Form
- The traveler must provide one fully completed copy of the visa application form found in this kit. You must provide answers for all fields, display your full name as it appears in your passport, be signed, Proof of Travel Arrangements.
- The traveler must provide proof of travel arrangements for the time of your trip.
- Attach a copy of an itinerary or e-ticket that displays your round-trip travel and entry and exit dates for your destination.
- Show the traveler’s full name as stated on his or her passport.
- Add a confirmation of your accommodations.
Visa Upon Arrival
You can apply in advance and get the visa on arrival at Entebbe Airport. However, it is only under limited circumstances. Visa requirements and travel restrictions vary greatly when obtaining an on-arrival visa. It should be made clear that Visa upon arrival is only available for those who have done their application online but for some reason didn’t get the final feedback regarding their Visa even after proceeding with the Visa payment. In addition, local immigration officials also hold the right to refuse entry to anyone for any reason.
Before covid-19, it was easier to get visas on arrival however, when the pandemic spread worldwide, many nationalities are forbidden from obtaining a visa on arrival. People who have traveled to countries which are greatly affected by COVID-19 are unlikely to enter Uganda thus we strongly advise on advance application and acquisition of visa in advance. Should you need to get your visa on arrival, you need to inquiry from your Airline whether they allow to board without a visa.
- Carry your original Yellow Fever vaccination certificate.
- Also, your COVID-19 vaccination certificate if you are already vaccinated. If not then carry your PCR COVID-19 test certificate done 72hrs before boarding your flights.