Just like any other destinations or countries, Filming in Uganda requires you to get a filming permit obtained from Uganda Media council.The press accreditation is issued in form of a media card authorizes the filming group (international film crew), Journalists, Media company or freelance to carry out filming activities in agreed destination.
Here at Film Fixers Uganda, we assist you in the process of getting a media card/ pass. The process of obtaining a media card involves the following steps:
- The applicant should write a letter from an employer to The Executive Director Uganda Media Centre/ Secretary Media Council stating the purpose of filming and visit.
- Fill up the appropriate application form G as described by the Media council stating the particulars of the applicant (detailed information of the applicant stating reasons of filming, where to film and when to film). The accreditation forms can be acquired from either Media Council or Media Centre offices.
- The journalists or the filming company can either use the Media Centre or the Media Council as their first point of contact.
- Also attach two-passport size photos plus the Scanned Copy of your Passport. It can be attached physically or electronically.
- As soon as you have filled the form, go ahead to pay the prescribed fee. Press accreditation process is considered complete at the Media Council offices after payment of the prescribed fees and issuance of an accreditation card.
- Attach the pay slip to the filled Form G and submit to the Authorized Officer in charge of the foreign media whose officers shall carryout inspection of your foreign mass media organization.
- The authority will look into your paperwork and process your accreditation card from within 30 days from the date of submission to the media council however, the authority reserves the right to reject your request.
Press accreditation card or Media card/pass is obtained from Uganda Media Centre department which works on matters of accreditation of foreign journalist.
The person shall not be an employee of a foreign mass media organization or working as a freelancer for that mass media shall practice journalism in Uganda unless he or she is in possession of an accreditation card issued by the media council.
A person shall not, within the boundaries of the Uganda, practice journalism or work as freelancer except with the permission of the Media Council or Media Centre.