Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is the smallest in Uganda but with great biodiversity. The size of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is Size: 33.7km2. The Mgahinga Gorilla National park takes its name from “Gahinga” – the local word for the piles of volcanic stones cleared from farmland at the foot of the volcanoes.
MGNP is made up of 3 extinct volcanoes which include Mt. Muhavura, Mt. Gahinga and Mt. Sabinyo. More so, it is home to the endangered mountain gorillas and Golden monkeys, other species including birds, reptiles and forest mammals can be sighted during your visit at this park.
Gorilla trekking, Golden Monkey trekking and Mountaineering activities are the major tourist activities done in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. Other activities include birding, Batwa community tour among others.
Requirements for Filming in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park:
- Press accreditation from Uganda Media Council – Crystal fixers Uganda will assist you obtain filming permits for the whole filming crew.
- Payment: 40% of the amount of the cost of any attraction to film. For-example, the cost of gorilla permit is US$700. Therefore, gorilla filming cost US$280
- Filming contract with Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA). Film fixers can sign contract with UWA on behalf of the filmmakers.
- Filming Gear- film makers must come with filming gear which must be cleared in the customs. Contact Crystal Fixers Uganda to assist you in clearing filming equipment.
- Transport – the film crew need transport from one place to another.
- Security – film makers need security to protect the crew and their equipment.