Kidepo Valley National park is situated in north Eastern Uganda. The park is dominated with semi- a lid vegetation and rugged mountains boarding south Sudan and Kenya, some 700km from Kampala. Gazetted as a national park in 1962, it has a profusion of big game and hosts over 77 mammal species as well as around 475 bird species.
Kidepo Valley National park is regarded as a true wildness of Africa with lots of attractions like Lomej Hill, Lonyili Mountain, Mt. Morungole, Kanangorok Hot springs, Kidepo Valley, Narus Valley and so on. At the last count of animals in the Valley in a 2019 study, Uganda Wild Life Authority recorded the presence of 7,501 buffaloes in Kidepo; the largest population of animals in this park. Today 2021, we expect the number of buffaloes to be increased since the last count is 12years back.
Being one of the best park for game viewing, Kidepo valley National Park produces good quality filming moments. Kidepo Valley National Park protects over 80 mammal species of which 28 are endemic to the region with over 450 bird species and this has made it easy for good birding spots for birders.
Kidepo valley National Park provides the best filming destination for capped buffaloes. The Narus Valley has got permanent water source and capped buffaloes are found on these watering points especially during the dry season. Taking filming of caped buffaloes in this valley is breathtaking with Kidepo known as the park capable of producing wonderful filming scenes. As tour filming the caped Buffaloes in Kidepo Valley National park, you can also see other animal’s species including the leopards, elephants, lion’s cheetahs, and ostriches among others
Popular Buffalo Filming Location in Kidepo Valley National park
The southern part of Kidepo Valley National Park in Narus Valley contains the park’s only permanent water points and therefore many herds of buffalo concentrate more in this area. You will take a game safari to film the buffaloes in this valley. Buffaloes gather in this Narus valley to drink water- this is the best place to capture buffalo pictures motion.
Requirements for Buffalo Filming in Kidepo Valley National Park
- Every Filmmaker must apply for a media card/ media accreditation. Crystal Film Fixers Uganda is always ready to assist film crew to apply for media card. However, the film crew must meet the costs and then receive their media cards from Uganda Media Council.
- Location permit. The local authorities taking the area to be filmed issues location permit for every film crew member at a given cost. Since Kidepo Valley National Park is taken by Uganda wildlife Authority, the filming crew must sign filming contract with UWA however, crystal Film Fixers as your local film fixers can sign contract on your behalf.
- Security – being an isolated place, its wise to get escorts to guard your filming gear. Crystal Film Fixers Uganda can deploy for you security officers from Uganda Police or from any private security company- armed or not armed.
- Filming Gear clearances – Crystal Fixers Uganda is in position to clear your film kit at the custom and at every ground boarder.
- Accommodation booking – the film crew need where to sleep and get meals. Here at Crystal Film Fixers Uganda, we move extra mile to choose the suitable accommodation in Kidepo Valley National Park for the filmmakers planning to film buffaloes in Kidepo Valley National Park.